For Word and Question 12
If I whisk you away till the morning light
We'll dance and sing as I hold you tight
And you'll tell me everything will be alright
But tomorrow I'll dance with Jack o' the Shadows
We'll whispers sweet nothings in each others' ears
We'll laugh and cry and share our fears
And dream the dream of our future years
But tomorrow I'll dance with Jack o' the Shadows
When the morning comes I'll bid thee farewell
With talk of the tales children will tell
Of the great deeds done and the battle's swell
Where today we dance with Jack o' the Shadows
And you'll cling to me and beg me please to stay
But there's war to wage and hell to pay
But I'll love you my dear to the end of my days
When I'm taken by Jack o' the Shadows
That day I'll hear the song I hear tonight
That quiet requiem that plays into the night
A haunting melody that fades from sight
Played gently by Jack o' the Shadows
(Highlight to view)
Word: whisk
Question: What's that music in the background?
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well, that was my question, and you certainly answered it! This makes me want to smile (for the good work) and cry (for the content) at the same time. Well done!
ReplyDelete+JMJ+
ReplyDeleteIt's as sad as it is beautiful! I'm reminded of medieval poetry. This sounds like something best sung during a feast in a magnanimous lord's great hall, right before his knights have to leave for battle.
What a lovely question you had. =) As for the word . . . it was originally mine! =P
i get the feeling of a fleeting romance. sigh.
ReplyDelete