Thursday, December 6, 2012

As the Days Grow Shorter

The nights come early and the sun comes late
Our days grow shorter still
And in this cold I ponder my fate
While inward creeps the chill

For now I fear I am all alone
And she so far away
As the wind through dying branches moans
And I wait for the day

Soon the days will be lengthened
Anon I will see my love
My heart will then be strengthened
By the one I'm dreaming of

Together we shall celebrate
Our Lord and Savior's birth
When He took form in time and space
To teach us of our worth

A time to spend with family
To remember we are not alone
That He who made the world to be
Took on our flesh and bone

And together with my girl
We will travel then away
Into what may seem another world
As the year reaches its last day

A break from all the trials
All the stresses in our lives today
To remember for awhile
That we were made for both work and play

No comments:

Post a Comment