Once upon a time
I met a girl most fair
With the most gorgeous eyes
And radiant brown hair
We went to the movies
We shared a smallish treat
And I talked a while
With this girl of whom I speak
But then I did not know her
And I was most hesitant
So after that brief time
Our separate ways we went
But upon my own reflection
I was not totally content
I'd enjoyed our time together
And thought of what it meant
And so the very next day
I tried to see her once again
By going to the Mass
Which I suspected she'd attend
Oh fortunate was I
Blessed and fortunate
For all that Mass beside me
She did choose to sit
And afterwards I asked
Heart in throat and on my sleeve
If perhaps she was still single
And interested in me
Oh blessed day, oh great joy
That I was not in the wrong
For she too had enjoyed our time
And hoped it could continue on
And so that week, and on from there
We shared our time together
And I pray that we persist
From now until forever
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment