Monday, November 23, 2009

All things for a purpose

So I suppose it is worthwhile explaining myself. I have not written much in the past four years of my life, and I feel this is to my own detriment. As I would like to try to change this, I suppose it may be easiest if I shared (when appropriate) my writing. (For those worried by the comment on propriety, it has far more to do with the intimacy of personal feelings expressed then with their content as seen by an audience.) Anyhow, most of it will be poetry, some new, some old. I hope to improve, and for those who write, comments are welcome. Please try to be gentle, though, as I am rather connected to my work.

As for the title, up to this point in my life the majority of my poetry has not been joyful, and furthermore, most of it expresses loss to some degree. This is not universally true, and it may change, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment