Seeing as I will not be posting anything tomorrow, but will instead be stuffing my face with multiple Thanksgiving feasts and enjoying the company of relatives I am only able to be with but once or twice a year, I will take this time to compose my holiday well wishings and reflections.
I personally have much to be thankful for, not just materially but also in the friendships and family I have been blessed with. And for your part in that, I wish to thank you. All of my immediate family is healthy and doing well, and my extended family also, although I would ask for some extra prayers for my aunt, uncle, and cousin who will be celebrating without my cousin who died in an accident earlier this year. During this season I am reminded of an old poem my sister learned in elementary school (and subsequently repeated often enough to burn it into my brain):
Turkeys come and turkeys go
And trimmings can be lost you know
But we're together, that's what matters
Not what's served upon the platters
So, whether you are spending Thanksgiving among school friends, back home, with siblings who couldn't make the trip home this year, or with other family, I hope it is a joyous occasion to reflect on all of the blessings God has given you (and I) this year.
God Bless and Happy Thanksgiving!
PS - don't forget to tickle your turkey! A tickled turkey is a tasty turkey!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment