They never told me it would hurt like this
They never told me it would feel this way
They never told me about the times I miss
When my heart aches for you every single day
I had never felt quite so acutely
The agony of being all alone
Til I knew the joy of being with you
The pain when you had to go home
They never told me of the hours I’d spend
Thinking about just being beside you
They never told me the notes I would send
Or the poetry I’d be inspired to
So many things I would never have guessed
A whole new life unfolded before me
One in which the world shines a bit brighter
Because of a girl named Emily.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Your poety is getting amazing, in a painful kind of way. I love it, keep it up.
ReplyDeletebtw, this is brenna. you haven't acquired a Gothic stalker.
ReplyDelete