Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Thoughts

To think, to pray, the things I'd say
Were I only with you today
My thoughts aloud drift through my head
Like the stormy clouds with rain unshed
Thunder echoes, I don't know the sparks
That from out the corners hark
Thoughts so strange they seem not mine
Yet here they are inside my mind
I put the words I think upon the page
Yet know not where they lead me
Whether those of a fool or of a sage
These whimsical rhymes precede me
And now I come once again to you
Never distant from my heart
Whether I'm glad or feeling blue
I wish that we weren't so far apart
But c'est la vie, and all that jazz
We'll find a way, you and I
We'll live and love for all we have
And be each others' reason why

No comments:

Post a Comment