Friday, February 18, 2011

Dance Until the Dawn

Step and step, with rise and fall
Not any country ho-down
Nor some fancy high-class ball
But it’s the life we make our own

My girl, come and dance with me
Twirl and spin til the night is gone
Until no stars are left to see
Cause you and I were made for dawn

Forget the others all about
Just watch your step and stay on time
Ignore the catcalls that they cry out
Follow my lead and hold the line

My girl, come and dance with me
Twirl and spin til the night is gone
Until no stars are left to see
Cause you and I were made for dawn

We’ll dance all night to a tune so sweet
When morning comes we’ll watch the dawn
Beautiful morn, and such tired feet
Gracefully gliding, a pair of swans

My girl, come and dance with me
Twirl and spin til the night is gone
Until no stars are left to see
Cause you and I were made for dawn

And once we’ve seen the sun arise
The two of us may be undone
But always remember that night’s skies
You were my star, and I was your sun

No comments:

Post a Comment