Repost: Valentine's Day Prayer
There’s a girl I think about every night,
And nearly every day.
I think and ponder what may be right,
And every eve’ I pray.
I wish I knew how her heart lay.
I wish I was with her today.
Though a foolish dream
These thoughts do seem
Still I cannot banish them away
I pray for discernment, to be guided,
But fail to reach anything decided.
I pray for the strength to do as I must,
But find no power I can trust.
Are my feelings born of faith and love,
Are they Godly and most pure?
Or are they of my human heart,
That I lack the will to cure?
God guide my mind, and my heart,
To the one you have made for me.
And help me see the right in it,
And then help me let my heart free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment