My face is reflected in the glassy
waters. It is not narcissistic nor
blank, but is wondering curiously
at the face before it. The blue eyes bore
deeply into my doppelganger’s soul
but who is this man before me staring?
All at once I know his outward show, his role
which he plays for others, and his bearing
is familiar. I feel I know his heart
yet do not know him at all. For although
he is me, he and I lay worlds apart
for he is my mask, which others shall know
and I feel I know him not. Strong, mature,
the face of confidence stares into me
and leaves me wondering how I enure
to the world around. Before I see
a man, yet inside I feel a boy. Where
is the crucial diff’rence found? Are you there?
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment