I see the moon
The moon sees me
The moon sees the one
I long to see
God bless the moon
And God bless me
And God bless the one
I long to see
Above I see the shining crescent moon
As dark of night comes slowly o’er the land
My heart, it aches with wont to see her soon
To see her smile, to hold her gentle hand
The moon shines down on each of us tonight
Though she and I remain so far apart
While here I stand in shining orb’s wan light
Filled with longing and love both sweet and tart
Yet knowing well that she’s watched o’er by Him
Who created all things good, and cares for them
I pray for her on each and every night
Til we’re together for another spell
While she remains beyond my human sight
That He will bless and keep her safe and well
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment