It’s 3 am
My head hurts
My eyes are dry
I break out in cold sweat
I am tired, cranky, and depressed
In all likelihood I have something important to do early in the morning.
It’s 3 am
And I’ve just finished a good book.
Work overbearing
I’m no longer caring
My life is crushed
All my deeds rushed
Tried to be nice
Where’d it get me?
Down on the ice
Despising to be
Stabbed in the heart
A sorrow so tart
Stab me again
T’will be my own end
Nothing remaining
No feeling detaining
No heart in me
Empty I’ll be.
What’s it like to be happy?
Not just the fleeting joy of the moment
What’s it like to love life?
To love it each and every moment
What’s it like?
Pristine exterior
Crystalline coating
Within aging
Slowly deteriorating
Youth is grown
Future become past
Glare of fallacy
Cold sunlight
Hiding truth
Don’t we all?
Btw, I wrote kind of depressing poetry in high school, in case you hadn't noticed.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment