Sorry about the hiatus. Despite knowing I was going to be gone for an extended weekend, I was really busy last week and therefore didn't manage to set up anything for the interim. I suspect I will also be quite busy this week, but will try to post as regular. And along those lines:
We all come back eventually
To where we started out
Whether out of simple curiosity
Or due to our own doubt
We stand amazed at how much has changed
And at how much has not
As our lives have been rearranged
Things remembered, things forgot
It often hurts for us to realize
Things aren't as we left them
We tell ourselves our clever lies
As we sing a requiem
For innocence lost
For knowledge gained
For the heavy cost
A heart most pained
For the son forgotten
The daughter who's beat
The children begotten
And left on the street
For the love of our brothers
Abandoned for greed
The friendship of others
In both name and deed
The hymn rises slowly, a quiet lament
Of time gone before, of hearts that are rent
Of all that is lost, with so little gained
As we come back to see what has remained
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment