At lab again, yet another night
Why do I do this to myself?
Trying to get everything right
At the cost of my sleep and health
But here I am despite it all
Not for glory, nor praise, nor wealth
Just hoping to break through the wall
That’s holding me back from learning
The effects of my work last fall
This one hope keeps me returning
Each day, trying a new attempt
While I watch the seasons turning
And my notes grow much more unkempt
But I think I’m quite nearly done
After more time than I had dreamt
It really hasn’t been that fun
But I’ll be happy in the end
When everything is said and done
And my sleep schedule’s on the mend
Then I shall finish my paper
And have a thesis to defend
Continuing my grad school caper
Two points to identify the rhyme scheme, a bonus point to name the famous work which uses this rhyme scheme (that I still haven't read, but need to).
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Dante's terza rima, pretty sure?
ReplyDeleteYup.
ReplyDelete