Ah, Friday, glorious wondrous Friday
Work’s winding down and we’re ready to play
Out into the street, out in the night air
Walking through parks, without worry or care
Friday you hang visions before my eyes
Blessed freedoms from work which tantalize
Tease me with play while I’m stuck laboring
A day to go, not one I’m savoring
But there’s the weekend, just up ahead
Taunting my mind, and messing with my head
Frustrating, yet relaxing for the end’s rewards
Giving me something to always aim towards
But after work’s done, after I’ve clocked out
I’m free as I want to dance and sing and shout
And hang out with my friends ‘til the wee hours
As I can sleep in to restore my powers
Friday, you are so frustratingly great
Of this there’s nothing to really debate
For after you are Saturday, Sunday
But the horror that’s next, sadly: Monday
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment