Sleep deprivation’s an interesting thing
It makes some giggle and makes others sing
But there’s too little time during the day
To cover all my work and all my play
And have time at the end for counting sheep
So something gets cut short, usually sleep
But the night I catch up is glorious indeed
As I sleep in late, getting the rest that I need
Sadly it’s often that late nights compound
And I end up quite tired as I walk around
Strangely, during the weekend I lose rest
But during the week, though I do my best
I often never recover that time
But the times when I do it’s quite sublime
To get a full night’s rest is a real treat
When in early eve’ning, pillow and head meet
To bed, to bed, and off to sleep I head
With words unsaid, and many pleas unpled
But my body aches from lack of resting
And every minute here grows more testing
So sweet dreams I wish you, the very best
And now I go seek that elusive rest
Monday, February 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment