I’m lost.
She looks at me and I’m lost.
Up is down, left is right, and I’m lost.
How can she do this?
One glance, a simple look.
Not even a flick of her hair or the bat of her lashes,
But I’m lost.
I’m so far lost that I don’t even know if I want to come back.
What would it be like to be lost forever?
Lost in those eyes;
Those eyes that seem to go on, endlessly deep.
They see right through me.
My heart feels like it’s made of glass, one word and she could break it into a million pieces.
And I’m lost.
She moves toward me.
I don’t know if I’m her purpose, but she’s become my raison d’être.
I feel my heart pounding in my chest but I could swear that I’m wearing it on my sleeve.
I’m lost.
The room is open, but there’s nowhere to run, because there’s nowhere I could go.
No place I’d rather be.
But I’m lost.
My mouth has become a desert; my tongue cleaves to it like a dying man.
Is she simply a mirage, or truly an oasis for my heart?
I can’t seem to tell, I’m so lost.
She moves past me, or is it through me?
I’m so lost I don't know.
Then she continues on.
I fall back into myself, but my eyes turn to follow her.
She looks back, once, a smile playing at the corner of her mouth.
And I’m lost.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment