So bored and I should be sleeping
But weariness is not creeping
Pleasant dreams may still be calling
But asleep I am not falling
Slowly turns the clock
As each second goes tick-tock
My consciousness, it does mock
While I count myself a flock
Tick tock, the clock chimes
One by one I make my rhymes
Try to pass the passing times
Without changing paradigms
Tick tock, it strikes again
Tells the tale of aging men
Yellowed parchment, fading pen
Passing away into the fen
Tick tock, madness tolls
Thunder rumbles, cries of souls
From the depths a great wave rolls
Earthquakes take their wretched tolls
Tick tock, silence reigns
No more aches, no more pains
All is lost, no one gains
Desolation is all that remains
To bed with me,
but while I depart
I pray that thee
take this to heart
The world tries to make all things pass
Hold to what is beautiful, make it last
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment