Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Understand

Sometimes I think I understand this life
Understand the whats, the whys, and the hows
Understand its pains, its sorrows and strife
All the twisted pasts, the futures, the nows
But then I realize how much I don't
In any way understand all of this
I understand so little that I won't
Realize my understanding's remiss
So lost that I don't know how lost I am
So forgotten that I can't remember
As I try to focus on what I can
And stoke that very last glowing ember
At last I see how little I control
How much I depend on those around me
I learn to offer up my very soul
In prayer for such inner tranquility
To do what I may, as providence might
To watch what I say, and fight the good fight
To guide others home, those who are apart
And all those who roam, to peace in their heart

No comments:

Post a Comment