Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year thoughts

Since it seems to be the popular thing to do this evening, I shall offer some thoughts on the year as they pertain to this blog, or rather, I shall offer my thoughts on the past month and a week, since that’s really all the time this blog has had.

I would say that I have achieved a few of my initial goals of starting this blog: I’m writing poetry again, which is good; furthermore I am writing poetry spontaneously again (Kate the Great popped into my head as I was going to bed a few days and took almost no time to write, although it could probably use a little editing). On the other hand, more than half of my posts so far have been older poems I wrote mostly in high school and some from freshman year in college, so there's still a bit of a ways to go.

As far as other things, I’m curious if anyone picked up on any of my (few) literary references, and moreso, I’m curious as to who still reads this blog. So, if you still read my drivel, please post in the comments. Also, if you think you caught one of my literary references feel free to mention it there as well (I’m thinking maybe an ode for anyone who gets one of them, but I’m not going to promise anything).

Other than that, Happy New Year to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you, 'cuz I'm an RSS addict. I'm oblivious to your literary references, unless Kate the Great was somehow inspired by Dr. Seuss. Tim informed me that it was not at all like Dr. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a random visitor. So far I've only read Chicago and Christmas. I need to go back and read everything else, 'cause I'm guessing I could pick up on one or two of 'em, at least. Though I'm not sure I want an ode written for me.

    ReplyDelete