Monday, December 14, 2009

School Work

Excuse me while I deprive myself
Of sleep, of outdoors, of real life
I'm busy trying to survive, myself
Against the odds, despite the strife

My teachers seem intent in their belief
That studying should have no relief
They're oblivious to the last
That theirs is not my only class

Free time's a myth, a legend fading away
There's never any time for me to shirk
I wish there were 36 hours a day
But then I'd have 12 more hours of work

A holiday would be grand indeed
Except that's when projects are assigned
'A student relaxing is a student in need
Of more work to hone that sharp young mind'

Let me say this bluntly, make it clear
Education may be why I am here
But it's not to kill me, or make me wish I'd die
So cut me some slack before I thoroughly fry

No comments:

Post a Comment