Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fugu's Song

Not mine by any means, just written by some guy on some forum. And I've long since lost the audio file of him singing it to a guitar. But it's still a good song.

Nothing but DJ's on the radio
Nothing but SUV's on the road
The sidewalks are lined with the latest fad
I feel like my life is just one long ad

Whatever happened to frisbee in the park?
Watching the moon rise long after dark?
Sleeping in a room without a TV?
Isn't that the way it ought to be?

And I don't know if you're a one for glamour
I don't know if you feel like me
I'm just searching, searching for an answer
Is this the way that life should be?
Is this what we want life to be?
Is this the way that life should be?

I'm tired of movie stars and magazines
I'm tired of billboards and logos on my jeans
I'm ready for fun with out fees and expense
And hangin' with friends with no fashion sense

I'm ready for a life of simple pleasures
Without the politics and social pressures
I'm ready for a life where happiness is free
Isn't that the way it ought to be?

And I don't know if you're a one for glamour
I don't know if you feel like me
I'm just searching, searching for an answer
'Cause that's the way that life should be
Where nothing comes between you and me
Yes, that's the way that life should be

No comments:

Post a Comment